Pics October 2010 - March 2011

Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11, 2009


I would like to start by apologizing for the late posting on Sam's progress. I know that this is the only way some of you can keep up with us. Well, I have offically experienced Mother's Day. It was the best thing in the world to be able to hold him and see his little eyes looking at me so sweetly. It was like he was telling me "I love you mama". It was amazing to feel what it's like to love something so much. And I again I'm reminded of how much God loves me to give His son to die a cruel death for someone so unworthy. It is overwhelming. Sam had a good day. I wish I could remember all of the detials from the past two days to share with you. What I can tell you is that after 41 days of Sam being in the NICU, this is a Mother's Day I will never forget. I have learned so much about myself, my family and friends, and the faithfulness and power of our GOD! I've seen a change in me and I believe a lot of other people have been touched through this time. Sam is a living testimony of a loving God that not only hears but answers our prayers in a mighty way. With all of that said - I would like to tell you thank you for your prayers and thoughts and countless words of encouragement. Know that we have felt each cry lifted on our behalf. Today - Monday, May 11, 2009 - I was so thrilled as I buckled my son into the car seat for the first time and brought him home to Dothan. It has been a little scary but wonderful. Jeff and I are beside ourselves. We still have a ways to go, but this was a huge step that we have been waiting for. We did come home with some orders like returning to Montgomery Thursday to see the eye doctor again and things like - not going out for a while, not having a lot of visitors, and stay away from other children. Sam is still very small and we have been told to take extra precaution with even the simplest things. We're ok with this because we don't want to be back in the NICU. It was a little sad leaving today. We've made so many friendships with the staff of the NICU. They have been a blessing to us and Sam. Some of the nurses loved Sam as if he were their own. This made things so much easier when I had to leave each time. We are certainly going to miss so many of the wonderful people there. We plan on visiting! :) Please continue to pray for us as we begin our lives as a family at home now. I still have some butterflies about some things. I want Sam to continue to eat well and digest his food. He needs to continue to gain weight and develop properly. We also need to get a good grade on our eye exam! :) Thank you again for your prayers and I will try to keep the blog updated with pics and info but it might not be as often now that my schedule will be a little different.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! How wonderful! I am so proud of Sam and how hard he fought, and yes, your story has touched SO Many. God has showed us how truly amazing He is. Congratulations on such an awesome Mother's Day gift...bringing that precious baby home. You, Sam, Jeff and the family will continue to be in my prayers as you take on the daily tasks of caring for Sam in your home. I am so happy for you Lindsey, and cannot wait until Sam gets cleared for visitors!!!
Much love,
Heather Trant

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Each day keeps getting better and better! I’m so happy for you guys! Sam is so blessed to have parents like you and Jeff, Parents that recognize the blessings that God has given them and glorify him for those gifts. I know that the past 41 days have been filled with all kind of emotions and I hope that you guys realize the fun is just beginning. :-P. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. We love you and can’t wait to visit. (but , do fear not fear as much as we want to see you guys we are well aware that - my little germ monsters need to wait.) Love and Prayers, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to read this and to have heard that Sam is home with his Mom and Dad!!! Jacie was ecstatic when I told her that he was home!!! She said Mom God heard all of our prayers!!!
You all have truly touched so many lives and I am so glad that my family is one of them!
We love ya'll and if we can do anything let me know....I can do grocery runs and leave them on your porch!!!:)
Love ya'll
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Linsdey, This is so awesome and we have been following your blog and GOd is Good through it all. Sam is so precious and we cant wait to see him. Sam is truly a gift from GOD. The Gilley

Footprints Ministry said...

Yay! We're so glad little Sam is home! What an amazing story yall have to share! We'll continue to pray for you!

"I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory!"
Psalm 118:21

Heather Tucker said...

Oh, I am so excited!!!!! What a blessing and an awesome Mother's Day gift! He is so adorable! God is still in the miracle business, huh? I know they told you this, but you'll never know how important it is that everyone wash their hands very well and only the NECESSARY people visit. I know you want to see everyone, but we all understand it is best for Sam to let him get stronger first. We went through this with my sister and she ended up just having to put a note on the door that thanked the visitors, but kindly explained that he would be bigger and stronger soon and would love to see them then. We love you and please call me if I can help. I know I'm not there, but I can maybe answer some questions for you. Cherish all of these days because before long he will be nine years old and playing baseball and having a cool factor that goes down if he's around mom- whatever! I love you guys so much!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl...I am so happy for your blessed family....Having Sam at home has to be the best feeling! We are praying for you and your family all the time. I can't wait to hold that little sweetie pie one day! Love you, Melissa Bailey

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had tears in my eyes reading your post! I'm so happy ya'll were able to bring Sam home. We will continue to pray that Sam will grow stronger each day. What exciting news!
Love ya'll,
The Peadens
P.S. Bailey will be so excited to know ya'll are home!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you three!!! Can't wait to get the "ALL Clear" for a visit. Will is dancing for joy that Sam is home. Lily is singing "Our God is an Awesome God..." and Catherine is jumping up and down joining in with them. Sarah is sleeping:D
We are so thrilled and we give OUR Heavenly Father all Praise and Honor for the works of His hands.
Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Aubrey didn't pass her first two hearing tests either. It scared me so bad that I stayed up late at night and cried. She finally passed two days later. :) I celebrated my first Mother's Day, too. Being a mom is the best feeling in the world, isn't it? I love you and I'm glad you and your lovely little Sam are doing so well.
Love you bunches!
Paige



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones