Pics October 2010 - March 2011

Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 1, 2009

God has continued to be faithful. We have felt the many prayers over the past 24 hours and appreciate them greatly. Sam has made a little progress today. After the doctor checked his xrays he decided to stop the suction tube and try a trial feeding to see how his intestines handled the food. They fed him 2ccs at 8 am, 11 am, and 2 pm. There were more xrays done at 3 pm to see what everything looked like. They actually looked a little better than the am xrays! The doctor decided to continue feedings the same way every 3 hours until in the morning and there will be more xrays. As of right now there is no sign of infection, praise the Lord! We are still waiting on some of the blood work results. They haven't completely ruled out NEC, but they are thinking that Sam just needed to clean his tummy out. :) He does still have an IV for fluids and antibiotics. He was much happier today when they fed him. The nurse said Sam seemed so grateful to just get 2ccs which is literally drops. He does have a feeding tube down his throat so that residuals can be checked before each feeding. So far he hasn't had any residuals. The sweetest thing to my ears today was, "Would you like for me to get him out for you to hold?" I was so excited and it felt wonderful to wrap my arms around him and cuddle up. It is funny how the simplest things provide such a comfort. The nurse let me hold the nipple of a bottle in his mouth while she dropped the 2ccs out of a syringe. Sam just smiled so big when I held him and we talked about how he was a big boy yesterday even though it was a tough day for him. His Daddy got here tonight and Sam seemed really happy to hear his voice again after 4 days of not seeing him. We serve such a powerful God that has continued to work in a mighty way. We are still praying for the test results to come back negative and for the xrays to continue to look better. We are also praying that Sam will continue to tolerate his feedings and having dirty diapers. Again, thank you for all of the prayers, calls, and comments. It is awesome to know that we have such caring friends and family that constantly lift us up to our Father. We love you all and can't wait for you to meet our precious little miracle!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good! I was so happy to read the blog this morning and hear that Samuel was making progress against whatever is going on. I have been praying for Sam, you and the rest of your family. Your constant faith is such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure so many others. Sam is such a lucky little boy to have had God pick you to be his mommy :) My prayers will continue and I look forward to watching God's wonderful work with your precious Sam, you and Jeff.
Miss you lots!
Heather Trant

Kelly&Chad said...

Jeff and Lindsey-
I'm one of Tam's friends and wanted to let you know we are lifting you, Jeff and baby Sam up in prayer. We serve a mighty mighty God and seeing Sam growing in these pictures gives us a glimpse of God here on earth. I love reading your blog about your experience through this very emotional time in your life and I know God is working through you right now. May God continue to wrap YOU in his love each and every day! God bless-

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with Sam through your blogs and I want you to know that we are praying for you and your family. He is so cute. I can see both of you in his sweet face. God is an awesome God and he is continueing to bless you. I can see your faith and your strength grow in God every day. I laughed when I read about him smiling when he heard Jeff's voice. Cole was the same way, and still is today. We love you and will continue to pray for Sam and that God will continue to give you strength. I will be reading to keep up with his progress. I gave my youth group your blog so that they could continue to watch him grow and pray for you. Love ya, Meredith Waddell

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine how you must feel! I wish I could help you. But for now, just know how proud I am of you and Jeff. I love you so much and wish I could come see you this weekend. We will continue to pray for you everytime we think about you! Love you!
Olina

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you all! Jacie wants to check the blog everyday to see what Sam is up to!!! Thanks for sharing this with us...it is amazing to watch his progress and see your faith in action!!! You are a living example to me and my little girl!!
We Love ya'll and if there is anything we can do let us know!!!
Tammy T.

Anonymous said...

So glad baby Sam is better today.
We can't wait every morning to read the blog. Keep posting good news and maybe soon the news will be we are taking Sam home. We can't wait to see him and of course you and Jeff.
We love you and we are praying for Sam and his family.

Cousin Joy and Aunt Teet
Kyle,Jennifer and Brody



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones