Pics October 2010 - March 2011

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12, 2009







It has been wonderful having our little precious baby at home. We can go look at him or hold him whenever we get ready. I know that sounds silly, but there were so many things that new parents take for granted sometimes. It was an interesting first night. My mama stayed to help because my exhaustion hit me once we got home. Sam grunts a lot. It is funny to think about not knowing what kind of noises he makes at night because we've never spent the night with Sam. His grunts are rather loud but he is alseep. Obviously, his grunting keeps me awake checking on him. :) I was sleeping really good and all of the sudden I heard a very loud cry in the monitor. It startled me because it was the first time I've ever been awakened by my baby's cry. It was a joy to be able to get up and go see Sam in his room getting his diaper changed. Sam has done very well adjusting to a lot of changes in the past couple of days. Of course Jeff and I are also adjusting with him! We are still praying for Sam's little tummy to digest his milk and that he will be able to drink enough milk at each feeding to continue to gain weight. We are also praying that his eye exam will go well Thursday. The doctor is watching his eyes very closely for any signs of problems. If there is a problem, there's a very small window of time to perform a surgery that will correct them. We are praying that everything is developing properly, but if not we are praying that it will be caught early enough fix. (even though surgery on his eyes would be a bit scary for me) We are giving God the glory for all He has done!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. I do take so many things for granted. I should be thankful we can run to their rooms at 2:00 and 4:00 in the morning! Thank you for reminding me of how much I love my children and how much my Heavenly Father loves me!
Olina

Scot said...

It must be something about being born on their birthday, because Emily grunts a lot too! I am glade you guys are home and am looking forward to coming to see y'all.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE FINALLY HOME!!!! We love you all so much and can't wait to see all of you!!! We'll keep praying that God will continue to work in your lives and thank you for your words of encouragement.

Christal

Anonymous said...

So glad your home and everything is going good. We pray it will continue, and God will touch his little ears and eyes and make them whole.
God is good all the time all the time God is good.
Johnny & Grace

Patti and Steve said...

Haven't been able to ck on y'all in a couple of days and can't believe what I see and read! I'm so proud for you. I have something for Sam that I've had since before the shower. I'll have to get it to your mom next week or leave it at the office at Selma for one of you to pick up.
He is a beautiful baby.
We love you and are rejoicing with you. We'll keep Sam in our prayers and yourself as you adjust to having him at home with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Sam. I had no idea he was even close to coming home. He has fought really hard to get where he is. God is so amazing and we are claiming that perfect eye exam on Thursday. Lindsey I pray for God to restore your strength quickly and I thank Him for mamas/grannies that are there when we need them. God Bless your sweet, complete little family. And don't be afraid to tell people that they can't come over for a while. Enjoy all those little grunts.
Gloria, Richard and Collin

Anonymous said...

Glory be to God! what a blessing this is to see he is doing so well and you are now getting to love him in your own home.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones