Pics October 2010 - March 2011

Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7, 2009

Sam moved to an open crib today! (no longer in an isolette) He has continued to maintain his temp so far. He gained 22 grams which puts his weight back up to 3 lbs 13.8 oz. The doctor increased his milk amount to 32ccs per feeding. This is very exciting and makes me very nervous all at the same time. While I know that the continuous increases means that he is doing good, I also have that thought in the back of my mind about him getting more than he can digest. (which is possibly one of the reasons we took the little trip to the other side of the NICU last week) Sam's tummy is still feeling soft and measuring about the same so that is a good sign. I'm praying extremely hard that this increase will be something that Sam is ready for this time around. I am so thrilled that everyone has been as excited about Sam's bowel movements as we are and we are hoping that he will continue with all of those dirty diapers. Our goals at this point are - digest and tolerate milk, gain weight each day, maintain temp, and continue to fill diapers with liguids and solids. :) God has answered so many prayers and I know that He knows exactly what's going on in Sam's little body. I am continuing to trust in HIM!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Aunt Lindsey!!!

We love you,
Will, Catherine, Lily, and Sarah

PATTI AND STEVE PHILLIPS said...

SO PROUD OF ALL THE NEW PROGRESS!
HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!!
WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy at all the progress little Sam has made this week. Thank you so much for keeping us so well informed, poop and all. Your unwavering faith is a blessing to me everyday. God picked the perfect parents for precious Sam. I love you all so much!!

Happy Mother's Day, Lindsey!!!!

Tam

Michelle McArdle said...

Hey! We had a great time seeing you and Sam yesterday. Not even the Atlanta Hwy River Rapids could keep us away! Sam is so beautiful and I'm so glad that he's continuing to grow. He's such a miracle and you are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!! It is amazing how excited we get about the little things, like poop. He is so sweet. I showed his pictures to Cole and he got very excited to see that he had an Auburn hat on his head. He said, "Yes, he is an Auburn fan!" Can't wait to see you and hold Sam. I have your gift from your shower, I will get it to you soon. Love ya, Mer Mer

Footprints Ministry said...

It was great to talk to you today! Hopefully we'll get to meet tomorrow during our Mother's Day visit! An open crib is AWESOME! Thanking the Lord for the huge step!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones